File Folder Activity How-To
Folder activities can be as basic as color matching. Here is a step-by-step example of how to set up this simple folder activity:
- Obtain two basic color swatches from a paint/hardware store or create your own by hand or with construction paper.
- Glue one set of colors to the inside of a file folder leaving enough space between each color for matching purposes.
- To store the matching pieces, glue a #10 envelope to the outside of the file folder (flap side out). Once laminated, you can slit the opening. Or, simply use a plastic sandwich bag for storage.
- Laminate the file folder to protect the activity and enable easy cleaning. You can also use clear packing tape to protect each matching piece.
- Use “soft” adhesive Velcro pieces on the colors on the file folder and use “scratchy” Velcro pieces on the back of each individual color pieces. This will enable your child to easily match the items by simply attaching them with the Velcro.