You may have heard the term chakra but what are chakras and how are they related to your health? Most energy healing modalities are based around the seven main chakras of the body. As a Reiki Master and energy healer, I have come to know them well.
The chakras are energy centers that correspond to various parts of the body, emotions, and spiritual issues and are found in the body’s aura, or electromagnetic field. Each chakra has a color associated with it that feeds colors into the aura. If you’ve ever seen colors around people, what you are seeing is the person’s aura.
A Turning Wheel
Chakra is a Sanskrit word that literally means “wheel” or “turning.” If the chakras are clear or not blocked, they are turning clockwise and thus look like a wheel turning. Not only does energy come from our body into the chakras, we also absorb energy into our bodies via the chakras. However, if the chakras are blocked which can cause physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges, they slow or even come to a stop. This is where energy healing can help. Energy healing can clear the chakras and their blockages resulting in more balanced energy which can allow the body to heal. The seven main chakras of the body are as follows:
- The Root or 1st Chakra is located at the base of the spine in the tailbone area. Its color is red. Issues associated with the Root chakra are high emotions, physical health, groundedness, stability, self-preservation. It is the foundation of all the other chakras. The teeth and nails, digestion, the sciatic nerve, and the adrenal glands are all associated with the root chakra. Problems with these areas may indicate a blocked Root chakra.
- The Sacral or 2nd Chakra is located in the pelvic region. Its color is orange. It is associated with the sexuality, sensuality, fertility, creative life energy and this includes but is not limited to sexual organs and the reproductive system, the kidneys and the bladder. Problems or challenges in these areas, whether physical or emotional, may indicate a blocked Sacral chakra.
- The Solar Plexus or 3rd Chakra is located just under the rib cage. Its color is yellow or gold. It is associated with willpower, self-confidence, personality, self-development, self-control, feelings, sensitivity, power, and forcefulness. Its energy is associated with the stomach, small intestine, liver, spleen and gallbladder. It regulates the digestive system and the autonomic nervous system as well. Problems or challenges in these areas, whether physical or emotional may indicate a blocked Solar Plexus chakra.
- The Heart or 4th Chakra is located in the middle of the chest. Its color is green. Knowing it is the Heart chakra, you can probably guess it is associated with love, compassion, and empathy as well as the heart and lungs. Problems with any of these areas may indicate a blocked Heart chakra.
- The Throat or 5th Chakra is located at the larynx. Its color is blue. It is associated with communication, verbal ability, truthfulness (speaking your truth), creativity, and musical talent. It influences the neck, jaw, larynx, esophagus, windpipe, breath and voice, as well as the thyroid glands. Problems or challenges in these areas may indicate a blocked Throat chakra.
- The Third Eye or 6th Chakra is located in the center of the forehead between the eyebrows. Its color is Indigo Blue. It is associated with intuition as well as the physical associations of sight, hearing and smell, sinuses and the pituitary gland. Problems with any of these may indicate a blocked Third Eye chakra.
- The Crown or 7th Chakra is located on the top of the head. Its color can either be purple or white. It is associated with spirituality, knowledge of God and enlightenment as well as the cerebrum and the pineal gland. Challenges with spirituality may indicate a blocked Crown chakra.
Blocks in OUR Children
As a trained Reiki Teacher and experienced energy healer, I can both intuitively as well as physically check for blocked chakras. The chakras that are most commonly blocked in children with autism are those associated with digestion, being grounded, as well as the throat chakra. Children are often very in-tune both spiritually and intuitively so I rarely see kids with their 6th and 7th chakras blocked. I usually see that parents have more of their chakras blocked and vary from person to person. Once the chakra is cleared, the body can begin to heal. Energy healing is the ultimate modality for clearing and cleansing chakras in a gentle and loving way.