Flash Cards can be an easy and cost-effective way to work with your kids on various skills. With these fabulous cards created by Mudpuppy, teaching and learning can be fun. These cards have lots of fun and colorful illustrations and there are a variety of cards for different subjects.
Each set consists of 26 5 x 2-1/4″ cards that are nicely laminated and are difficult to rip. They are also easy to wipe off to keep clean.
Flash cards are contained on one large ring, making them easy to take with you in the car, on outings, on a plane ride, anywhere! The ring can be opened and closed, so you can remove the cards for various activities. When you’re done, put the cards back on the ring and keep them from getting lost.
Benefits to Flash Cards
Many of our kids need a lot of repetition in order to learn a concept. Flash cards make it very easy to provide kids with this repeated exposure. For our kids with short attention spans, the cards can be shuffled, making the presentation of material always unique. Also, there are an endless number of ways you can use flash cards; you just have to use your imagination.
Sets of Flash Card
Here are four available sets of cards with a few activities for your child:
- Identify the letters.
- Locate a certain letter in the set of cards.
- Put the cards into alphabetical order.
- Identify what letter of the alphabet the animal starts with.
- Learn to read the words on the back of the flash cards.
[easyazon-link asin=”0735328730″ locale=”us”]Colors & Shapes Ring Flash Cards[/easyazon-link][easyazon-image align=”right” asin=”0735328730″ locale=”us” height=”110″ src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4104XoVST-L._SL110_.jpg” width=”110″]
- Teach shape and color using one side of the card.
- Identify the shape and color of the images on the other side of the cards.
- Ask your child what is on the card. Have him explain what he sees.
[easyazon-link asin=”0735334188″ locale=”us”]Counting Fruits & Veggies Ring Flash Cards[/easyazon-link][easyazon-image align=”right” asin=”0735334188″ locale=”us” height=”110″ src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GkTeWZbyL._SL110_.jpg” width=”72″]
- Practice counting.
- Teach adding or subtracting using the simple addition and subtraction facts.
- Select a healthy snack using the cards and then go grocery shopping.
[easyazon-link asin=”0735331006″ locale=”us”]My First Words Flash Cards[/easyazon-link][easyazon-image align=”right” asin=”0735331006″ locale=”us” height=”110″ src=”http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AgH2riCaL._SL110_.jpg” width=”110″]
- Identify the letters in the words.
- Read the words.
- Create a sentence using each word.
Additional Flash Card Activities
These flashcards can be used for many years. As your kids get older, try some of these activities:
- Show your child three cards to memorize and then put the cards away. Ask your child to recall the cards. You can slowly increase the number of cards you show.
- Sort cards based on what makes sense: color, shape, by answer, e.g., 10 and under and more than 10.
- Take turns with your child drawing a card and providing clues to the picture. See who can guess the object with the fewest clues.
- Have your child draw a card and talk about what is on it.
- Spread flashcards face down on the floor. Have your child toss a bean bag. Whatever card it lands on, have them perform the addition or subtraction problem.